- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 15-35 knots West
- Water: 2′ chop
- Sky: Overcast with showers, cleared up in the late evening
- The broken Canada Goose eggs from last night were still on the grass.
- 13 elephant seals on Great Race.
- 5 on Middle Rock.
- The elephant seals just outside the house were in a frenzy all morning.
- Some of them play fought for hours, whilst others tried to mate.
- Inevitably they all ended up in a big pile of flailing bodies.
- Saw an injured California sea lion on the derrick rocks.
- It appears as though it had part of a flipper torn off.
- Boat motor or predator?
- There was a tiny harbour seal on the east part of Great Race.
- It was farther from water then I had ever seen one.
- Ran the desalinator.
- Again unfavourable conditions to run the fire pump.
- No boats in the reserve.
- A couple sail boats farther out.