- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots SE, later up to 15 W
- Sky: clear
- Water: rippled
- Spent over an hour searching for Black Oystercatcher nests for the new webcam to focus on, yet I found nothing.
- Found one abandoned Canada Goose nest, confirming yesterday’s suspicions.
- The elephant seals continued their moulting, play-fighting, and ramp bathing.
- About 9 on Great Race today, and 6 on Middle Rock.
- Check out the e-seals in their flight squadron formation!
- More Canada Goose themed maintenance.
- It is mutually unfortunate that they choose to nest so close to key areas.
- Observed three eco-tours lined up to the north of the reserve. I suspect they had found whales?
- Later they made their way through the reserve in customary fashion.
- One dive boat was anchored just south of the South Rocks for a few hours.
- Spied a funny looking barge with heavy duty vehicles on it. They looked like toys from my distance!
- The Queen of Cumberland (BC Ferries) was out near Esquimalt, presumably doing some test runs, as she is currently undergoing a refit until April 21.
- 5 DND blasts today at Bentinck Island.
- 2 medium blasts around 11:00.
- 3 smaller ones between 13:30 and 14:00.