- Visibility: 10 miles at 5:30, down to 1/4 mile from 8:00-early afternoon. Back up to 10 in the evening.
- Wind: 10-15 knots West in the morning, up to 25 in the evening.
- Sky: fog everywhere! Fog horn went off continuously from 5:30-2:30.
- Water: rippled, 2′ chop in the evening.
- 17 elephant seals on Great Race today!
- I think the 2 new ones are from Middle Rock, where only 2 remain.
- Counted 88 harbour seals on Turbine Rock.
- A rather subdued day for all the animals today. I suspect the fog had an impact.
- Re-attached the gasket on the door of the wood stove. It had been partially pulled off by an errant log last time I made a fire.
- Weed whacked more thistles and stuff.
- Zero boats because fog.