- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: 5-10 SE
- Sky: clear
- Water: calm
- Today’s high temperature of 16.7 C (62 F) was a new observed record, beating last year’s mark of 15.9 C.
- 9 elephant seals on Great Race today.
- Still no sign of any black oystercatcher nests.
- Cleaned the solar panels.
- Confirmed part no. for the desalinator RO membrane.
- The largest eco-tour that I have ever seen came by today.
- Named the Orca Spirit II, it even showed up on the AIS Vessel Tracking website map!
- When viewing the sea lions on the South Rocks, it kept the farthest distance I have ever seen an eco-tour keep. Good job!
- The large POW boat came by later on, and spent a while viewing the elephant seals that were frolicking in the ramp near the jetty.
- 6 DND blasts today.
- 2 around 10:00.
- 2 around 11:00.
- 2 around 13:30.
- Spied a couple of lost buoys floating through Middle Channel this morning.