- Visibility: 15 Miles
- Wind: 5-10 N/NE, picked up to 20-30 knots overnight
- Sky: cloudy with light snowfall and fog
- Water: large rolling swells throughout the day
- Didn’t notice any ecotour boats or divers around today
- No visitors
- Woke up at 4:30 am to the sound of the elephant seal pups being attacked by a big male elephant seal. Pretty sure it was Bernard, their father, but hard to tell. Was surprised to find both pups seemingly unharmed and sleeping peacefully in the morning when I got up.
- One of the younger, smaller males took the opportunity to try to mate with one pup while two of the bigger males were fighting, but luckily she got away from him after a few minutes of panic. Very difficult to watch I must say. These males are all fired up from the mating season and most don’t get a chance to mate, especially if they are smaller in size.
- Saw about 10-20 Pigeon Guillemots chasing each other and diving into the water.