- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: 0-5 knots NE, then S
- Sky: clear and sunny!
- Water: calm
- Welcome springtime!
- The usual 15 elephant seals on Great Race today.
- Thought I saw whales out West at sunset. I definitely saw something coming up for air and blowing jets of water.
- Wrote the April month end report today amongst the usual chores.
- 5 eco-tours came by today.
- Some of them appeared to be too close to the harbour seals on Turbine Rock.
- The viewing distance for boats near marine mammal haul-outs has been accepted by the Ecotour community to be 100 metres.
- DND blasts at 10:14, 10:16, and 10:20.