- Visibility: ranging between 0 and 15+ miles today.
- Wind: 0-5 knots, at various times from the N, S, or W.
- Sky: cloudy and often very foggy.
- Water: calm.
- At least 3 orcas swam along the edge of the reserve from West Rock towards the North Rocks this afternoon.
- They were followed by several boats.
- Noticed a few elephant seals mingling with the sea lions near the energy building and on the ramp.
- Reset the electric fence in the morning.
- Cleaned the solar panels.
- The usual stuff like toilet maintenance, sea water sample, and generator.
- When it wasn’t foggy there were several ecotours in the reserve today.
- Several times there were three boats quite close together viewing the sea lions.
- At times I wondered if perhaps some of the ecotours were both technically in the reserve (not allowed when whales are present) and too close to the whales (see above photos).
- Three pairs of DND blasting today.
- 11:47 and 11:49.
- 1:28 and 1:30.
- 2:24 and 2:26.
- The Fog Horn was active much of the night and often throughout the day.