- Guy et Christine’s 8am weather report.
- Visibility: 13 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots West
- Sky: overcast
- Water: 1′ chop
- The elephant seal weaner was back on the grass between the buildings.
- One juvenile male spent the day sleeping by the tower.
- A second young male appeared in the afternoon and pestered the weaner.
- I was pleased to spy several oystercatchers, a pair of harlequin ducks, two bald eagles, and a raven, amongst the usual seagulls, cormorants, and black turnstones.
- Guy, Christine, and Kyle gave me a tour of the facilities.
- Various little changes here and there, but overall no massive differences.
- Unpacked and settled in to the house.
- Kyle and Second Nature brought me out around 12:30.
- They departed at 1:20 with Guy et Christine.
- 3 eco-tours came by in the afternoon.
- I am excited to be starting my fourth lengthy shift out at Race Rocks.
- This is Riley Strother signing off and wishing you a goodnight!