- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: 15-20 knots West in the morning, 25-30 after noon.
- Sky: Sunny with clouds.
- Water: 1′ chop
- Expect the wind to keep it up for a while.
- Conducted a census today.
- I suspect that the high winds have kept away certain species of birds, making today’s list less impressive.
- Harbour Seals: 91
- Northern Sea Lions: 47
- California Sea Lions: 27
- Elephant Seals: 19 (15 on Great Race, 4 on Middle Rock)
- Seagulls: 314
- Pigeon Guillemots: 108
- Surfbirds: 39
- Canada Geese: 18
- Black Turnstones: 14
- Black Oystercatchers: 10
- Rock Sandpipers: 3
- Bald Eagles: 3 (2 adult, 1 immature)
- Savannah Sparrows: 2
- Harlequin Ducks: 2 (1 male, 1 female)
- Cormorant: 1 (one seen on Turbine Rock)
- Intended to spray algicide on various building walls, but too windy to ensure accuracy. Perhaps tomorrow if the wind dies down.
- Started investigating the paint stock.
- Some goose work.
- No boats in the reserve today.