- Jan 21- visibility low due to rain and mist, wind N 15 knots
- Jan 22- rain in the morning becoming clear, wind W 15-20 increasing to 30 before noon and becoming light in the evening.
- elephant seals: mother, pup, other female and Chunk have stayed around the West side of the house all week. It has been a week since pup birth, the pup is growing quickly and the mother is getting visibly thinner.
- ran derrick to move logs
- wood stove repairs- removed old fire bricks, baffle tubes and baffle boards, cleaned fire box. Installed new baffle board and tubes, new fire bricks and blower.
- built a mesh cover for the second compost container.
- transferred one more drum of diesel to tidy tank, both tanks now full
- cut firewood
- sent inventory list of fluorescent tube fixtures to Chris for upgrading to LEDs.
- precipitation this week has done well to fill cistern
- occasional DND blasting at Christopher point throughout the week.