- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 0-10 knots North
- Water: rippled
- Sky: mix of sun and cloud
- After analysing the elephant seal pup on Great Race, I am fairly certain that it is a male pup.
- Mum and pups on Great Race and Middle Rock were alone most of the day.
- For the first time, I saw a bald eagle eating from the dead elephant seal pup out on the rocks.
- Stacked firewood.
- Cleared the ramp three times.
- Started replacing dead light bulbs in the Student’s House.
- Moved the weaner’s body away from the main house with ropes and the derrick, helped by Chris, Jeff, and 3 volunteers from the college.
- Second Nature came by for a couple of hours in the afternoon, crewed by Chris, Jeff, the IT guy, and 3 volunteers. They helped move the weaner and checked up on various electronic systems.
- One eco-tour came by in the late afternoon.
- There were 6 more DND blasts today.
- Two massive blasts that shook the house at 10:15 and 10:17. Birds and mammals quite disturbed, but they settled back down.
- Two small blasts at 11:31 and 11:34.
- Two medium blasts at 14:40 and 14:45.