- Visibility: 15+ miles (Mt. Baker clearly visible!)
- Wind: 15-20 NW in the morning, then down to 5 SE.
- Sky: clear
- Water: 1′ chop
- Storm warning for Wednesday night thru to Sunday.
- Expecting winds of over 40 knots and as much as 8″ of rainfall.
- The sea lions have been mostly absent from the NE part of the island for a few days now.
- This makes sleeping much easier.
- The 6 elephant seals were in the middle of the island today.
- Heard the winter wren somewhere in the lantern room, but could not see it.
- Finally able to fix the electric fence near the generator with the elephant seals elsewhere.
- Ran the desalinator in the afternoon.
- Put the new end piece onto the salt water hose.
- Took note of what needs to be dealt with before the storm.
- Cleaned the student house windows as best I could.
- Swept the main floor of said house in preparation for tomorrow’s Advancement Team meeting.
- A few boats today.