- Visibility: 15 miles throughout the day
- Wind: ranging from 10-20 knots
- Sky: sunny with cloudy periods
- Water: choppy with the wind, 1-3 foot swells
- Didn’t notice much boat traffic today, one diving boat
- No visitors today
- I counted 4 male elephant seals on and around the island today
- large group of 30-40 cormorants on the south rocks in the early evening
- same elephant seal pup has been hanging close to the house and has been very vocal for the past few days, calling out sporadically throughout the day and night.
- Saw 4 adult bald eagles around today as well as two large juveniles.
- This will be my last week out at Race Rocks until February, when I return for another month stay. Laas will be back for the remainder of January so you can expect much better quality photography then I’ve supplied! (: