- Visibility: 15 Miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots NW
- Sky: sunny with cloudy periods
- Water: mostly calm, a bit choppy
- Saw two ecotour boats go by
- No visitors
- Bernard was keeping an eye out for the pups today, looking up from his sleep every time one of them would cry out, which is less frequent and high pitched now too as they continue to grow. Having a father elephant seal protect it’s pups like this after the mother has left is not ordinary behaviour so this has been very interesting to watch.
- Lots of Canada Geese landed on the island today, around 6-10 pairs that are very territorial with each other. I assume they’re getting ready for nesting season as that generally starts around March.
- Still a decent number of cormorants, black oyster catchers and black turnstones around too.
- DND blasting has started up again with several loud explosions going off each day for the past few days.