- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 0-5 knots W in the morning, by 14:00 it had jumped to 40+ knots.
- The highest reading I saw was 48 knots, which is no longer a “strong gale” but a “storm”.
- Sky: clear in the morning, dark clouds by evening.
- Water: initially calm, but the wind kicked up massive waves!
- Forecast: looks like more gale tomorrow.
- 15 elephant seals on Great Race.
- A few California Sea Lions on the jetty today.
- One lone crane fly was attached to a window for the second day straight. The gale blew it away.
- The same elephant seal who blocked me outside yesterday tried the same trick again! Only this time I was already inside, so I wisely used a different door.
- Goose work.
- Weed eating. Or “whacking” if you prefer.
- 6 eco-tours today.
- 1 small pleasure craft had what appeared to be a family with young children fishing in the reserve. They departed very quickly before I could identify their boat, perhaps realizing their mistake independent of me?