After Monday’s difficulties with the log, yesterday was even worse as I was unable to log on to the website. The problem seems to have been only temporary though, because I am now able to log on using both my computer and the main house computer.
Here is a summary of yesterday and today, along with photos from Monday.
Monday 31 October 2016-Photos
Tuesday 1 November 2016-Report & Chore Day
- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 0-5 knots E
- Sky: rain
- Water: calm
- 5 elephant seals on Great Race today.
- Had to push the dead sea lion out past the jetty where it finally floated away.
- An inquisitive seagull floated up to the corpse and gave it a peck.
- Spotty the harbour seal was back on his rock near the jetty.
- Couldn’t log on to the Race Rocks website.
- Finished gathering data for the month end report.
- Completed October month end report for Kyle.
- Entered and sent off October seawater report.
- Ran the desalinator.
Wednesday 2 November 2015
- Visibility: 5 miles
- Wind: 15-20 knots NE
- Sky: overcast with showers
- Water: 2′ chop
- Fierce waves crashing against the jetty today.
- Expected to be windy overnight, with things calming down by noon tomorrow.
- Lots of Canada Geese on the island today.