- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 10-15 knots E, later up to 48.6 knots W
- 48 knots falls into the “storm” category. Only “violent storm” and “hurricane” are higher on the scale. The house is shuddering.
- Water: 2′ chop, later at least 5′
- Sky: overcast and some rain
- The mother elephant seal on Great Race was gone this morning, making the fourth pup a weaner. He is much smaller than the previous weaner was, and over on Middle Rock the mother is still with her pup, who was born approximately 8 days before, and is quite larger. All this makes me think the mother has left prematurely?
- In the morning Chunk spent some time chasing the weaner, but he was too slow to catch him and he gave up, later heading over to Middle Rock.
- Chuckles showed up on Great Race afterwards and has been watching the weaner.
- At one point I found the weaner chewing on a wire cord underneath the big old yellow diesel tank by the Energy Building.
- Today was the first day that I saw a great blue heron at Race Rocks! Not a first in general though, or for Race Rocks.
- Pam Birley also noticed the heron and she took some photos with the webcam.
- Stacked some firewood.
- Heard one small DND blast at 10:30.