- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: 10 knots E
- Water: 1′ chop
- Sky: clear
- There was a new female elephant seal in front of the house this morning. She appears to be too small to be pregnant. Perhaps she already birthed a pup elsewhere and departed, or maybe she is too young to give birth yet.
- The other four elephant seals remained over by the path all day.
- Chuckles, mum and pup still on Middle Rock.
- Spotted about 12 harbour seals on South Rock/swimming nearby.
- Continued stacking the newly prepared firewood under shelter so it can dry.
- Picked up plastic and styrofoam from the ramp/jetty area.
- Vacuumed up hundreds of fruit flies in the basement near the composting toilet. I think from now on this will be a daily chore, rather than a maintenance action worthy of note.
- The HMCS Ottawa was out again most of the day.
- Made the appropriate inquiries into yesterday’s pleasure craft fishing and eco-tour boat observations.
- There seemed to be some mild DND blasting around noon.