This picture shows the tower (circa 1900) with the original light and tall cage installed . It also shows the stone residence attached at the base of the tower which the Coastguard “removed” in the 1960s.
The photo was taken by Major James Skitt Matthews,(1878-1970).
J.S. Matthews’ notes with print or negative are located in the Vancouver archives. Reference code AM54-S4-: SGN 1103.
Original untouched full size image: (note stepladder in light room??)