- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: 0-10 knots
- Sky: sunny with clouds
- Water: 1′ chop
- There were 8 elephant seals on Great Race today.
- In the afternoon, 5 of them headed down to the ramp for a dip, but none of them departed.
- There seem to be less seagulls and cormorants than last time I was here.
- By contrast, there seems to be more songbirds and ducks.
- Everything seems to be in good order. Spent the afternoon unpacking and settling in.
- Kyle picked up Anne around 10:00, and brought me out to Great Race around 11:00.
- Saw one eco-tour in the reserve.
- Several fishing boats out of the reserve.
- A tug towing a large barge passed by the Rosedale Rock.
- Another tug towing what looked to me like a pile driver passed to the north of the reserve.