- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots East
- Water: 1′ chop
- Sky: mix of sun and cloud
- Chunk and Chuckles still in their respective positions on Great Race.
- Noticed over 50 harbour seals today.
- In general much more wildlife than yesterday.
- Ran the fire pump for 40 minutes. This added about 1′ of water to the cistern.
- Filled up the tidy tank using the equivalent of one barrel of diesel (55 gallons).
- Stacked more firewood.
- Emptied the ash from the wood stove in the main house.
- General tidying up in the house to make it ready for the next Eco-guardian.
- Wrote my shift end report.
- One pleasure craft was hanging out near West Rock in the morning.
- In the afternoon one eco-tour came through Middle Channel. It was a strange looking boat that I had never seen before with the words “Luna BC” on it.
- The HMCS Ottawa was out in the straight. According to the Marine Traffic website it made it all the way out to the open ocean today.
- I couldn’t get the camera to take any photographs today. I think I bumped one of its many buttons (most of which I don’t know what they do) as it appears to be on a different setting than I am used to.