- Visibility: 5 miles, later 15
- Wind: 5-10 knots, later 25, West
- Water: rippled
- Sky: rain and/or sun throughout the day
- According to the Davis Weather Station, today had the highest recorded temperature at Race Rocks for any February 12th since the station was set up in 2006. Today’s high was 11.6 C, beating last years record of 9.8 C.
- In the morning Chuckles went over to Weaner’s corpse and looked at him, rolled him around, and sat on him. Then he left the island.
- Chunk came back and rejoined the two females and pup.
- Middle Rock mum and pup still there.
- I decided to start calling the new female Lady.
- Conducted a fuel inventory list for Jeff of Maintenance. Good news: there is more than enough fuel to last until after I leave.
- Scraped rust off of the two empty 55 gallon diesel barrels and spray painted them to extend their useable life.
- Jeff and an assistant came by at about 14:00 to drop off food supplies, a ramp for the diesel tanks, and to have a look at the Davis Weather Station wind reader. Unlike the other day though, the wind reader seemed to be working just fine.
- One eco-tour boat came by at about 15:00. It seemed to be closer to the sea lions than the guidelines allow.