- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 15-20 knots W, later 0-5 NE, then 20-25 NW
- Water: 1′ chop
- Sky: mostly cloudy, rain in the evening.
- 12 elephant seals on Great Race today.
- 3 elephant seals on Middle Rock.
- 8 sea lions on the rocks near the Derrick.
- One of them appears to have some sort of plastic box/device attached to its back. I didn’t have the camera with me when I saw it, and when I left to grab the camera it fled into the water.
- Several more bald eagles in the reserve than in previous days.
- Discovered that one of the goose nests had been abandoned sometime between 20:20 and 22:00. Saw 6 shattered eggs laying strewn about the grass with no sign of the geese.
- Cleaned the solar panels.
- Cleaned the camera lens. Not perfect, but better.
- Ventured down to the jetty to run the fire pump, but there were too many elephant seals playing in the water or on the ramp.
- Didn’t see any in the reserve today, which is odd for a weekend, but I guess the weather was a factor.
- A few sailboats were out and about taking advantage of the wind.