- Storm force winds in the morning with large swell from the North East leading to high seas and larges breakers on the rocks. Periods of (horizontal) rain with winds dropping later in the day.
- Four elephant seals on the island now. The new arrival is much smaller than the female and thought to be a juvenile/subadult. There also seems to be a bond between the smaller Elephant seal and female. Could this be Squall, born here in 2012? Checks are being made to see if identifying features match.
- Birds grouped together in flocks on the rocks while most of the sea lions stayed off the land.
- Coastguard helicopter overhead.
- Electrical outlet in main residence fixed.
- Battery health test carried out with individual readings taken on each of the 96 cells.
- Pressure washer pump stripped back down and soaked in cleaner. To be reassembled.
|Spotted during the week|
|Bald Eagle (Adult/Immature)||2/8|