A fine day out at RR today. Winds of between 5-12 kts in varying easterly directions. The barometer dropped from 102.4 this morning to 101.9. Winds increasing tonight to up to 20kts, with midnight fog, forecast to dissipate by Saturday morning.
- Six tour boats (3 of which spotted the Orcas that were hanging around the reserve this morning)
- Two pleasure fishing vessels. One moved a little too quickly out of the reserve. We encourage all vessels to travel at a maximum of 7kts within the reserve (we don’t want butchered Sea Lions :)
- 3 Orca’s spotted well within the reserve this morning at 10am.
- Two bald eagles at North Rocks
- We continue to trouble shoot the water system in the student house. The pump is now installed, but there is a mysterious leak. Stay tuned……
- Two friends of the eco-guardians are visiting the island today (Carole and Flo). One is a renewable energy consultant and will be checking out the island’s system for improvements. Like all visitors they are awestruck by the island’s energy and beauty.