- Overnight: 20 knot winds and some rain.
- The 7:00 weather report.
- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5 knots NE
- Sky: overcast
- Water: 2′ chop
- Some clear skies at noon.
- Around 15:30 the wind picked up to 25 knots NE and the rain restarted.
- About 20:15 the wind shot up to 35-40 knots NE.
- The elephant seals were very active today.
- There is a dead California sea lion near the derrick shed.
- Census day.
- Large decrease in the number of sea lions and seagulls.
- California Sea Lion: 294
- Northern (Steller) Sea Lion: 96
- Harbour Seal: 28
- Elephant Seal: 9 (6 on Great Race, 3 on Middle Rock)
- Seagull: 365
- Cormorant: 145
- Black Turnstone: 12
- Harlequin Duck: 12 (9 males, 3 females)
- Canada Goose: 7
- Black Oystercatcher: 10
- Savannah Sparrow: 5
- Bald Eagle: 1 adult on North Rock
- Emptied the gross water in the rain barrel.
- Did not see any boats in the reserve today.