- Dec 21. Wind SE up 35-40 knots in the morning. This combined with a higher than normal high tide. Barometer dipped below 990.
- Dec 21. Nursing Northern sea lion seen on west side of Great Race, first time I have seen this here and apparently only the second time we have gotten photographs of this here. Solo humpback west of race rocks. Barometer dipped below 990.
- Dec 22. Wind shifted to West and increased overnight, by morning it was 5-10 knots W but there were still heavy swells coming in from the straight. Barometer dipped below 990 again today. At high tide the large sets of waves were breaking over the jetty and spray from waves was reaching above the helicopter pad. Sealions were surfing reef break off South side of Great Race. 2 branded sealions: 409Y and 315Y (photo) observed.
- Dec 23. Strong westerly overnight again and high tides. Wind picked up to 30 knots SW in the evening.
- Dec 23. A second female elephant seal came onto the island bringing total to 4 on Great Race, she is smaller than the other one and going through catastrophic molt.
- Dec 24. Relatively calm day, partly clear, wind NE 5-10 knots. Atmospheric pressure on the rise.
- Dec 25. Relatively calm day, partly clear, easterly picked up later in the day. Over past few days there have been more sea-lions on Great Race than I can recall from previous years at this time.
- Dec 26. wind NE 10-15 knots increasing to 25 N in the evening. Atmospheric pressure reached 1030 early in the day before starting to descend. Chuckles (smaller male e-seal, name short for Chunk-Holes in reference to the many tooth marks across his back caused by Chunk) sustained more wounds overnight from Chunk, he was hiding up at the base of the tower in the morning.
- Dec 27. N wind over 20 knots and rain, pressure falling. River otter around derrick deck. Had to cancel transport for Christmas bird count at RR due to weather. Chuckles still at base of tower, I dont think he has gone off island for about a week, at least its raining now so he will get a rinse.
- Dec 22. 2 Eco tour
- Dec 24. I went off island in the morning and returned just after noon. 2 ecotour vessels in afternoon.
- Dec 25. I went off island mid morning and returned mid afternoon. 1 ecotour in afternoon.
- Dec 26. 1 eco tour.
- Dec 21. Got prices on stove parts. Lots of wood to clean up on boat ramp.
- Dec 22. Stormy most of the day. Checked water levels in batteries. Cut and chopped fire wood.
- Dec 23. Stormy day. Lots of wood to clear of ramp. Sent stove parts price list to Chris for approval. Sent photos of chimney in student house attic to Jeff. Made parts list for town run.
- Dec 24. Picked up plumbing parts (at Andrew Sherret) for rainwater tank and leaky water line in basement and bar oil for chainsaw (Slegg). Picked up pressure washer from shorefront. Pressure washed rain water tank and put tank back in place. Brought in jerry cans for gas but marina was closed in the afternoon.
- Dec 25. Lots of wood to clear off ramp. Cut logs and ran derrick to haul a couple.
- Dec 26. Lots of wood to clear off ramp. Transferred one barrel of diesel to tidy tank and filled day tank. Filled jerry can for derrick. Topped up derrick engine fuel and oil (low and needs a change). Derrick battery was too low to turn over engine so plugged in trickle charger for 2 hours after which it started up. Pulled several logs onto deck. Got electric chainsaw sharpener running off a spare boat battery, sharpened chainsaw. Cut firewood. Re-stocked firewood in main house in advance of cold and wet weather coming. Missing cap for downspout clean-out to rain water tank.
- Dec 27. Cleared, cut and chopped wood.