- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots W
- Water: 1′ chop
- Sky: mostly clear
- Spotted 9 immature bald eagles on South Island with one mature eagle a bit farther away.
- Status quo with the elephant seals, although I have my suspicions that the female whom Chuckles tried to mate with yesterday is not the grieving mother, but a different one arrived the night before, and the grieving mother departed.
- The pup out on Middle Rock seems to be getting quite large. Perhaps he’ll become a weaner soon?
- There were over 50 harbour seals in the reserve today.
- Saw a northern sea lion branded with 443Y.
- More cleaning in the Student’s House.
- Stacked firewood in the water shed.
- No eco-tours today.
- One fishing boat passed nearby.
- A large container ship seems to be anchored out in the strait towards Victoria.