- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots NE
- Water: rippled
- Sky: clear
- Chunk and Chuckles still on Great Race.
- Saw a northern sea lion branded with 354Y.
- Saw a northern sea lion with a cooker cutter shark scar.
- Noticed at least 50 harbour seals out on the south islands today.
- Saw a common merganser wash itself on a rock close to shore. Apparently it is quite uncommon to see them at Race Rocks. Later some harlequin ducks swam nearby.
- Saw a jellyfish floating around near the jetty. Not sure what variety it was.
- Noticed some grape hyacinth for the first time today. By my estimate there are least 6 different species of flowers now in bloom out here.
- Stacked firewood until there was no remaining space. Will have to restart stacking once some of the stores have been burnt up to create space.
- Jeff and his two Belgian volunteers came by with food supplies this morning. Eggs, milk, and bread. Surprised the Belgians didn’t bring me any Jupiler.
- Quite a bit of traffic today out in the straight. Documented the more interesting looking ones with photographs.
- One fishing boat went through the middle channel of the reserve.
- Heard 5 DND blasts today from Bentinck Island. A small one at 12:47, and then 4 medium blasts at 12:50, 12:55, 15:04, and 15:06. The animals didn’t make too much of a fuss.