- Visibility: 10-15 miles today. At times quite hazy.
- Wind: 15-25 knots West
- Sky: clear and sunny
- Water: 1′ chop
- Conducted a census today.
- Found a tiny dead harbour seal on the rocks.
- A flock of geese arrived in the late afternoon.
- Harbour Seals: 91
- Northern Sea Lions: 35
- Elephant Seals: 22 (17 on Great Race, 5 on Middle Rock)
- California Sea Lions: 20
- Seagulls: 275
- Pigeon Guillemots: 130
- Canada Geese: 20! (although for much of the day only 10)
- Black Oystercatchers: 8
- Harlequin Ducks: 3 (2 females, 1 male)
- Cormorants: 2
- Bald Eagle: 1
- Rock Sandpiper: 1
- Unidentified large bird on Middle Rock; Owl?: 1
- Removed lots of algae from the boat house.
- (Re)discovered that the pressure washer does not work.
- About 4 eco-tours came by today.
- Chris dropped off and picked up my friend Greg O’.
- Greg O’, the tree scientist of Vernon, came by in the afternoon for a 3 hour visit!
- A couple of big DND blasts in the afternoon.