Ahoy, Riley Strother here. I have returned for another stint as eco-guardian here at Race Rocks!
- Visibility: 15+ miles
- Wind: up to 35 knots NW in the evening.
- Sky: mostly clear
- Water: small waves
- The sea lions continue to roam about the island like a herd of cats.
- Sea lion moulting time is a new experience for me.
- I observed at least 4 elephant seals.
- When I arrived Anne was running the desalinator. I shut it off later.
- I was given a tour of the various changes to certain systems by Anne/Kyle.
- Spent a few hours unpacking and settling back into the house.
- At least 20 ecotours came by today. None of them seemed to cause any problems, though some were perhaps too close?
- I overheard what sounded like a rather heated exchange on the radio, but the boats in question were outside the reserve.
- Kyle came out in Second Nature to drop me off, pick up Anne and Alex, and to transport the chimney sweep fellows.
- Two chimney sweepers came to sweep the chimneys in each house, as well as inspect and change the filters in the furnaces.