- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots North
- Sky: overcast
- Water: rippled
- Census day!
- The weaner was gone this morning. Hopefully he is ok.
- Normally I only ever see killdeer at night, but today I saw a pair off and on all day!
- California Sea Lions: 85
- Harbour Seals: 44
- Steller (Northern) Sea Lions: 39
- Elephant Seals: 1 male
- Seagulls unspecified: 269 (same total two weeks in a row!)
- Pigeon Guillemots: 241
- Cormorants unspecified: 57
- Surfbirds: 49
- Harlequin Ducks: 32 (16 males and 16 females)
- Black Turnstones: 22
- Canada Geese: 13
- Black Oystercatchers: 9
- Bald Eagles: 6 (2 adults, 4 immature)
- Killdeer: 2
- Kyle stopped by for 1 minute to exchange the extra security camera for a new Wifi access point.
- There were several fishing boats literally yards outside the Rockfish Conservation Area.
- A few eco-tours came by.
- Installed the new Wifi access point in the Students’ House.
- Lots of DND blasting today.
- Small blasts at the following times:
- 10:25, 10:27, 10:45, and 12:34.
- Larger blasts at the following times:
- 12:32, 12:53, 14:52, 14:54, and 15:11.