- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots West
- Sky: overcast, sprinklings of rain in the afternoon
- Water: calm
- Three elephant seals on Great Race, three on Middle Rock.
- The newest elephant seal went over to the western part of the island, and seemed genuinely surprised to see me when I passed by.
- The first time she saw me her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets at me.
- She had some fresh minor wounds on her back.
- I saw five eagles sharing a kill on the South Seal Rocks. There was a sixth one nearby.
- Some goose work.
- Lots of eco-tours came by today. At least six.
- I watched the odd looking Dutch cargo ship the Happy Ranger, with her Big Lift ability, wander through the strait.