- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 W, in the evening up to 20 W
- Sky: clear, later cloudy
- Water: 1′ chop
- 14 elephant seals on Great Race
- 2 that I could see on Middle Rock
- The sea lions were surprisingly calm today considering how many boats seemed to be too close.
- The injured California sea lion was near the derrick again.
- 9 eco-tours came by today. I guess there was a big backlog of tourists after several days of high winds.
- I think 8/9 of the boats today looked to be too close. Certainly the boats that viewed the sea lions near the derrick were the closest I have ever seen.
- The viewing distance for boats near marine mammal haul-outs has been accepted by the Ecotour community to be 100 metres.
- One DND blast at 10:02.
- Another one at 11:12.