- Visibility: 15 miles
- Wind: 5-10 knots North
- Sky: mostly overcast, some rain in the evening.
- Water: calm
- There were eight elephant seals on Great Race today.
- That is the most I have seen out here during this current shift.
- Three of the younger males enjoyed a spirited bout or two.
- The rest of them snoozed off in pairs or alone.
- The birds and sea lions were definitely disrupted by the helicopter.
- Kyle and four men from the Coast Guard removed the old Generator B.
- A Coast Guard helicopter then dropped off a new generator, and took away the old one.
- They then placed the new generator in its spot.
- I helped out with various auxiliary tasks, but mostly just took photographs.
- Tidied up loose tools after everyone had departed.
- Second Nature.
- A few eco-tours.
- Kyle, the four Coast Guard men, and Ian and Stephen.
- They all departed in the early afternoon.
- Coast Guard helicopter overflight.